SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 16 April 2017

My everyday makeup routine 2017

Hello everyone,
I hope you have all had a fab Easter holiday if you're in school!The weather was absolute bliss and it was really nice spending time with friends and family without stressing out as much about homework or revision.

Anyway I thought for this week's post I would share how I like to do my makeup on a daily basis for both school and outside of school...enjoy!

Step 1:First of all I like to apply primer although I don't do it all the time as it isn't necessarily needed.However once the summer season rolls along I do like to wear it much more often because I find my makeup doesn't stay put for as long as it does in cooler weather without top ups.

At the moment I am currently using Maybelline's original Baby Skin primer that I have had for over a year now so I am trying to desperately use it up(yanno use by dates and all that stuff hehe).

Step 2:Next comes either foundation or BB cream.Foundations are a bit too much to wear every single day so personally I love opting for a much lighter BB cream instead.What is BB cream you ask?Aha!*claps hands together*It's a genius invention which sailed all the way to the West after originating from Korea and is basically moisturiser that's tinted with a skin tone shade.

Sounds questionable but the result is a lighter,more comfortable and natural looking base.


Step 3:My skin used to be horrendously angry with mountainous red spots so the result of them after they heeled was hyperpigmentation.
Unfortunately this is where flat blotches of red appear and even though they are beginning to heal gradually they can make me feel slightly self conscious still,so a light coat of concealer can make a world of a difference for me.

At the moment I am using Maybelline's Instant Anti-age concealer for both under my eyes and on my blemishes.To blend it out I use a tapping motion with my ring finger when concealing spots and then I blend it under my eyes with the Real Techniques Deluxe crease brush.

Step 4:An oily skin girl's must have is face powder...so obviously we can't forget that right?With a fluffy powder brush I pat on a layer of Maybelline's Matte Maker pressed powder.If the weather is paticularly warm or if I'm on "that time of the month" then it's always essential for me to pat on a second layer.
Step 5:Lastly on my face I will sweep a bit of Seventeen's Define and Conquer contour powder on my cheekbones with the Real Techniques contour brush almost also as a bronzer too.
Step 6:Sometimes if I am feeling really fancy then Benefit's High Beam highlighter also joins the look-about 2 or 3 drops will get dotted along my cheekbones before being blended out with my ring finger.

Step 7:Eyes are of course next on my list.To begin with I am obsessed with using Tanya Burr's eyeshadow palette in 'Fairytale'.The packaging is really cute and even though it is a little childish,possibly a bit cheap feeling too,I don't mind that much because after all it was only £6.

Most days I will take the shade Cream Tea all over as a base before blending Velvet Cushion in the crease and Alohomora all over with Real Technique's Base Shadow brush.I have to admit that the eyeshadows aren't the best quality so it's always very annoying if there's a lot of fall out scattered underneath my eyes(yup not exactly a killer look as you can guess).


Step 8:Then I grab Benefit's Bad Gal waterproof eyeliner to line my tightline(the area where you eyelashes grow)to create the illusion of thicker eyelashes.

Step 9:Sometimes if I use highlighter I will  also use the Real Techniques Accent brush to highlight the inner corners of my eyes to really make them pop.
Step 9:To finish the eyelook off I curl my eyelashes with my gorgeous rose gold curlers from Primark and proceed to coat on Maybelline's famous Lash Sensational mascara both on my top and bottom lashes.

Step 10:I love a good defined brow so then comes my eyebrow kit by Collection.To begin with I take the Brow Brush by Real Techniques and brush it into the middle shade which is a dark brown before tapping the excess off.I then just simply apply it.If you want to know more then I have a brow routine you can check out here.
Step 11:To set my eyebrows I use the clear brow gel that comes with the kit.

Collection Eyebrow kit in brunette | £3.99 NOW ONLY 2.99 at Boots

Step 10:Once everything else has been completed it leaves me with the lips-the easiest and quickest part!All I do is glide a layer of Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 43 across my lips.It's a mainly a brown toned nude but its not super in your face so it's not paticularly noticeable.


Do you use any of the products mentioned?If not would you consider trying them?

♥ Daisy Petals ♥

12 comments :

  1. Loved this post so much! I've tried one of the Maybelline Baby Skins before and loved it but I'll defintlry have to try out the Maybelline concealer as I've heard so many good things about it!! Xx

    www.prettilypainted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both really good and the Maybelline concealer is amazing for the price,it blends out wonderfully x

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous pick of products! I've not tried the Maybelline primer before, I'll have to have a look into it! I love your photos xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!The primer gives such a smooth and soft base to work with x

      Delete
  3. Your photography is so pretty and look so professional! Our routines are really similar, I have the same eyebrow palette, mascara, and contour palette. They're great products!
    Liv x
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks lovely :) Aha how funny and yes I agree they're fab products x

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely post, I really enjoyed reading it! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous also, I'm so jealous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo's look amazing, and these products all seem really good! I'm looking for a new drugstore primer, and might try out the maybelline one? xx

    simplylucy101.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun,I would highly recommend the Maybelline primer!If you like silicon-ey feels then you'll love it,the primer makes your skin super soft and smooth x

      Delete
  6. I love the photography in this post, the Seventeen Define and Conquer is a must have product for me when doing my makeup!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace,I love how natural it looks x

      Delete